top of page

shellsonly Group

Public·151 members
Jeremiah James
Jeremiah James

Public Records Divorce Pa

Marriage and estate records from 1994 to the present are available online. All open records prior to 1994 can be accessed in person. Adoptions and guardianship records can only be accessed in person by certain parties. We are working to have more records digitized, and will add them online as they become available.

Public Records Divorce Pa


In order to file for a divorce, you will need to appear in the Office of judical Support with a Complaint and all appropriate attendant documents. The filing fee begins at $280.50, but goes up if there are additional counts. Generally, it is not easy to file a divorce without an attorney, and you may wish to contact the Delaware County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service located at Front and Lemon Streets, P.O. Box 466 Media, PA 19063. The telephone number is (610) 566-6625. In the alternative, you may also wish to contact the Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania at 877-429-5994.

The Mission of the Adult Probation Department is to protect the public, deter new criminal activity, and attempt the rehabilitation of the offender. The department supervises and manages adult criminal offenders, aged 18 and older, for the Court of Common Pleas of Crawford County and other jurisdictions upon special request.

The Clerk of Courts Department handles criminal records, adoption records, guardianships, estate matters, marriage records and licenses, birth and death records (only from 1893 - 1905). For more information click on the Clerk of Courts link on the left of the page.

The Administration of the Crawford County Correctional Facility and its employees are dedicated to public service, and the care, custody, and control of the inmates detained. Once inmates are classified they may be moved to another housing unit, participate in programs, and receive visits. Click on the Correctional Facility's link for more information regarding visitation schedules, phone calls, money, mail, inmate programs and much more.

The Case Records Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania provides that a custodian of records shall fulfill a request for access to case records as promptly as possible under the circumstances existing at the time of the request. If the request cannot be fulfilled promptly, the custodian shall inform the requestor of the specific reason for the delay.

Due to a recent increase in the volume of requests for case records, requestors may experience a delay in receiving case records from the Centre County Office of the Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts. Your patience is appreciated as we attempt to honor all requests promptly.

To request records from the Centre County Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts office please complete the Record Request Form. Please be as detailed as possible to avoid delays. The form should be provided to the Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts in one of the following ways: Mail or Drop off in person:Centre County Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts102 South Allegheny Street Room 102Bellefonte, PA 16823

The Prothonotary's public access system is available for your convenience 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Click the link Prothonotary E-Filing and Web Viewer to register for E-filing, file pleadings and/or view case documents.

The office of the Prothonotary is the Clerk of the Civil Division of the Court of Common Pleas. This elected row officer has administrative control over and responsibility for all official documents and records of the Civil and Family divisions.

Effective January 1, 2010, rule 10.500 of the California Rules of Court set forth comprehensive public access provisions applicable to judicial administrative records maintained by state trial and appellate courts, the state Supreme Court, as well as the Judicial Council of California (the Council).The Council makes identifiable judicial administrative records available to receive and/or for inspection upon request unless the records are exempt from disclosure.If you would like to request judicial administrative records maintained by the appellate courts or the Council, you are invited to submit a request by completing the Request for Judicial Administrative Records form and sending it by email, U.S. mail, by fax, or by telephone. Submitting a request in an alternate format may delay processing of your request. Individuals with disabilities may make requests in alternate formats. More information regarding accessibility issues as well as accommodations for individuals with disabilities, or those experiencing technical difficulties, can be found on our website by clicking this link.

Please note: the Council does NOT maintain records or documents related to specific cases filed in the courts of California. You will need to contact the court in which the record was originally filed to get this information. Documents or information held by the courts are as follows:

Each superior court also maintains its own administrative records. Please request a court's judicial administrative records directly from the court. Instructions on requesting records or access in alternate formats can be found on each local court's website. Find your local court.

When a request is denied or deemed denial, a requester may file an appeal to the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records. The appeal must be filed within 15 business days of the denial or deemed denial date. The appeal must also include the request, agency denial if one exists, and address agency grounds that the request was denied. An appeals officer will determine if the record(s) is subject to public access.

  • There are different types of public records, including, but not limited to:Marriage and divorce records

  • Land records

  • Property tax and ownership records

  • Geographical information records (specific to each county covering things like, municipalities, census blocks, zoning, voting districts and high school attendance)

  • Records regarding civil and family court

  • Domestic relations and child support

  • Professional licensing

  • Estate records

  • Sexual offender records (county only, not statewide)

  • Business entities

  • Incarceration records

  • Liens

Another place to begin a records search would be the local Department of Health. This office keeps records such as birth, death, marriage, and divorce. Requests by fax, mail, phone and email are honored but due to earlier mentioned privacy issues, may only be made by next of kin (with proof) or the person whose name appears on the record. There is also to option to have the record copy certified.

And there you have it, using the information above, you can quickly identify and gather the records pertinent to your overall goal. Remember that no agency has the right to ever ask why you need a particular record, and if they refuse access to what is clearly a public record, you have legal recourse and they can be fined. One last thing to note is that you must have enough time set aside to gather the records needed. While the internet has made many tasks almost instant, collecting public records can sometimes be time consuming, so allow ample time to avoid surprises.

The records filed and maintained for the Court and the public by the Prothonotary generally include all civil cases, district judge appeals, divorces, custody cases, Protection From Abuse cases, judgments, government liens, mechanics lien waivers, and satisfactions of judgments.

The Clerk Of Courts maintains the criminal records which include Adult and Juvenile matters. All Juvenile cases and adult criminal cases involving a child victim of physical or sexual abuse are closed to the public. Members of our staff attend court proceedings to administer oaths to jurors, witnesses, etc. and to catalog exhibits at trials. For information regarding posting of bail and return of bail monies, call our office.

The Secure Calendar Schedule option provides access to search, view and print case events scheduled in the Criminal Courts of Common Pleas and Magisterial District Courts. The secure version provides additional search options, not available to the public, to find case scheduling information. The secure calendar schedule also lists all case participants and whether attendance at the case event is required. A secure login is required to access this service.

This office is responsible for accurate and timely creation, maintenance and certification of records in matters pending before or determined by the court of common pleas. In each county of this Commonwealth, there shall be one Prothonotary for the Court who shall administer oaths and affirmations; affix and attest the seal of the court for certifications and exemplifications of all documents and records pertaining to the office and business of the court of which it is the Prothonotary. This office also enters all civil judgments, confession of judgments and satisfactions. The Prothonotary has no judicial powers nor does he/she have the power to act as an attorney for others by virtue of their office.

Records begin with the year 1814 with some earlier books containing miscellaneous information such as: Naturalization/Immigration records. There are also some Registries on Civil War Deserters from the 11th Regiment of PA State Volunteers; Dog and Stallion Registries; Veterinary, Optometry and Dental Registries.

Birth and Death records filed in Columbia County cover the years 1893 until 1905. Before 1893, there were no records of that nature filed at the county level. If requesting genealogy information, an exact date and name must be supplied to the Prothonotary's Office before a search can be performed. All inquires are directed to the Columbia County Historical and Genealogical Society who will provide such a service for a fee. The address to contact them directly is: 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...


bottom of page