top of page

shellsonly Group

Public·175 members

Joaquin Schofstall
Joaquin Schofstall

Linux Hfss License ((FULL))

When the Ansys License Manager is installed, there are certain applications/ports on that computer that need to be manually allowed through the firewall before clients will be able to communicate and check out licenses. This typically includes the Windows Firewall, but is required for other 3rd party firewalls that may be used such as Symantec, McAfee, etc. This can also required for Linux firewalls or in more enterprise/secure environments the VPN or internal network firewalls may need to be configured to allowed these ports to pass through freely on the network.

Linux Hfss License

You only need to allow the applications or ports through the firewall, not both. We recommend allowing via application rules on the license manager machine, whenever possible, for simplicity. However, if the license manager is installed on Linux or the computer is using s 3rd party software firewall (non-windows) or if there is a hardware Firewall/VPN/Router between the client machine and the license server machine that is blocking traffic over the default ports, it may be easier for your IT Administrator to allow ports instead of applications.

Using Ansys on computers with multiple CPU cores and on HPC clusters is supported. A research license will use up to 16 CPU cores. To use more, you need to buy Ansys HPC licenses (one HPC license for each CPU core >16 you want to use.) For example, it you want your Ansys job to use 24 CPU cores, you would need one research license and eight HPC licenses.

A new license system was introduced starting with Ansys version 2021. If you are using an older version of Ansys, you may need to reset the license preferences to keep using it at Purdue after Dec 14 2021. Ansys versions 17.0 and newer are supported by the new license. ECN recommends you use the latest version; contact us if you want to upgrade.

Currently, AnsysEM is available for ECE (College of Electrical and Computer Engineering) research groups without the need to purchase licenses. Please contact ECN if you want AnsysEM installed somewhere.

I would suspect it's not in Archlinux because when I stfw I see that LSB only comes as an RPM; however, it is an ISO standard, so if you stfw some more, you should be able to reproduce enough of the LSB to satisfy your software.

I do not get an error as such, the issue is that the license manager issues an ID that I need to give to software services at Uni to issue my license. That ID is blank. It was blank in OpenSUSE too but after I installed the package lsb the ID was issued (as suggested in some online forums).

The license manager (FlexLM) does not issue an ID (HostID). No error message is seen. The full package is ANSYS Fluent. Ubuntu users had a similar issue (seen at www.cfd-online.com) and resolved this issue by installing a package lsb-core.

I installed OpenSUSE on my virtual box to see if it worked there. Initially it did not. But after installing lsb and re-installing the application the license manager issued an ID, which is what I want.

So hopefully if there is any one out there wanting to run ANSYS Fluent and their other products on Archlinux, install the ld-lsb package from AUR. I will inform the maintainer to include the above mentioned.

ld-lsb 3-6 from AUR repo together with lib32-glibc from multilib and the above mentioned lsb-release and init-functions and a custom rpm-script (from CFD-Online forum [cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/25236-ansys-workbench-uncertified-linux-distros.html]) solved all my problems which was getting lmutil to work so I can gather license statistics.

Qualtrics is a tool for creating and administering web-based surveys for research, teaching, and administrative needs. Qualtrics is available to NYU faculty, staff, students and researchers as part of a university-wide license that is managed and supported by NYU Data Services in New York, a joint ITS and Libraries service.

We provide support for the procurement, licensing, installation and troubleshooting of academic software supporting either the curriculum or research. A variety of academic software is available through site or network licenses. If the software you require is not listed below, email us at nyuad.academictech@nyu.edu with the name of the software, anticipated usage (curriculum or research), and any other relevant information.

Installation of software on computers not located at the Library, is normally provided by utilizing TeamViewer, which provides secure remote support for license distribution. You may be asked to download the TeamViewer client and provide the secure code to perform this task.

Solution #2: After a new port was specified in the license file for the ibmratl vendor daemon, the license server will need to be restarted for changes in the license file to be read and take effect.

The Engineering School has a license for the ANSYS Academic Multiphysics Campus Solution that includes 25 concurrent research tasks, 250 teaching tasks and 128 HPC tasks. Here is a chart of what's included (it's the line at the bottom of the chart):

The Licensing group manages site licensed and individually-owned software for current faculty, staff, and enrolled students. This licensed software has been procured to assist Clemson University users with their daily computing tasks. We may keep titles on the list for 2 years or more after the license has expired because in many cases activating the license again only requires a maintenance fee versus the full product price. We want our users to know that this is an option if they see it on the list before purchasing.

Please click on individual titles for more information. Many software products are available for all faculty, staff, and students to use. Some, however, are designated for specific college or group use. In the cases where a license is designated as "network" (as opposed to "standalone"), that designation refers to whether or not the license is tied to an on-campus license server. The standalone version of the license will be the better install option for laptops that may be used from on- or off-campus; the network license will be appropriate for desktop or departmental machines.

Most titles listed below require a license to be purchased or require the user to be a member of the group that owns the software. If you need a particular piece of software and don't see it on the software list below or want more information about a title, you can inquire by sending an email to licensing@clemson.edu. This will generate a ticket to track your issue. You'll receive an update to your ticket instructing you how to download the software in question or in some cases, you may be directed to your area consultant for installation. If you need to purchase a license, please include the desired title, quantity, and end user's username.

The University and the College of Engineering Technology Services (ETS) offers a variety of software applications available to students, faculty, researchers, and staff. These applications may be accessed as either Hosted by the college or a site-licensed.

Both The Ohio State University and the College of Engineering provide software applications for download and licensing on OSU-owned and personal devices. Below is a list of available software for site-license and what kind of device (OSU-owned or personal) it may be licensed for.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Shells Marketing
  • Samson Conal
    Samson Conal
  • Niki Jhone
    Niki Jhone
  • Iliyana Clark
    Iliyana Clark
  • Elaine Wynn
    Elaine Wynn
bottom of page